Shipping insurance with SHIPTZ is provided by EasyPost. All terms and conditions of EasyPost apply.
EasyPost Shipping Insurance does not include:
- Coins, bullion, loose diamonds or stones, jewelry, rock slabs, stocks, bonds, currency, deeds, evidence of debt, travelers checks, money orders, gift certificates, calling cards, lottery tickets, event tickets, or any other negotiable documents.
- Loss from delay, deterioration, spoilage or contamination of perishable merchandise except when resulting from fire.
- Merchandise shipped on consignment, memorandum or approval unless shipped in fulfillment of an order or request.
- Loss, damage, or non-arrival of any package or its contents which (a) is addressed, wrapped, or packed insufficiently, incorrectly, or contrary to carrier’s packaging requirements; or (b) bears a descriptive label or packaging which tends to describe nature of contents EXCEPT if shipped via Parcel Post and required by Postal Laws and Regulations.
- Damage which is deemed exceedingly minor, frequently occurring, or caused by the nature of the product itself regardless of careful handling.
- Cosmetic damages limited to the packaging where the intended good is not damaged.
- Any package where the damage is deemed preventable had the shipment included the appropriate use of packing materials such as, but not limited to, packaging tape, bubble wrap, packing peanuts, crumpled paper, styrofoam, or mail rollers.
- Any package containing personal goods, gifts, samples, or promotional items shipped on behalf of the insured or insured’s employees.
- Any package shipped to (a) a prohibited country or any location that would be in violation of any U.S. economic or trade sanctions, including, without limitation, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Restricted Countries (with such information available here) or (b) any country or any location that would be in violation of applicable U.S. and/or carrier shipping restrictions related to COVID-19 or other disease-related outbreak, as may be updated from time to time. Information can be found here.
- Against loss or damage arising out of dishonesty on the part of the insured or insured’s employees.
- Against loss or damage caused by or resulting from: (a) hostile or warlike action in time of peace or war, including action in hindering, combating or defending against an actual, impending or expected attack, (1) by any government or sovereign poser (de jure facto), or by any authority maintaining or using military, naval or air forces; or (2) by military, naval or air forces; (3) by an agent of any such government power, authority or forces (b) any weapon of war employing atomic fission or radioactive force whether in time of peace or war; (c) insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power, or action taken by governmental authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence, seizure, or destruction under quarantine or Customs regulations, confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation of trade.
- Against loss or damage caused by nuclear reaction/radiation or radioactive contamination, all whether controlled or uncontrolled, and whether such loss be direct or indirect, proximate or remote, or be in whole or in part caused by, contributed to, or aggravated by the peril(s) insured against in this Policy; however, direct loss by “fire” resulting from nuclear reaction/radiation or radioactive contamination is insured against by this Policy.
- Against loss or damage caused by Customs seizure, inspection, handling, or destruction.
- Any package containing goods prohibited or restricted from entering the intended country of delivery.
- Surcharges, including but not limited to: shipping costs, tariffs, seller fees, and processing fees.
A. EasyPost will not be liable if packages are not reported to EasyPost within 30 days and where the related premiums had not remitted. When submitting a claim to EasyPost Insurance, you waive the right to seek a claim with any other insurance provider for the same shipment. EasyPost Insurance will not cover any package that is already being processed by other carrier insurance(s). EasyPost Insurance will not process any claims which are initiated, pending, or completed by, another insurance provider.
B. All claims regarding damage are to be completed with EasyPost within thirty (30) days of shipping label creation. All claims regarding loss are to be completed with EasyPost thirty (30) days past shipping label creation, but no later than sixty (60) days past shipping label creation. You will submit (a) a completed EasyPost claim form, (b) a copy of original invoice to customer, (c) a copy of customer note stating damage sufficient to substantiate loss or stating package had failed to be delivered, (d) and photos displaying the damage to the product and packaging (if applicable). The package recipient should hold damaged items in the event they are requested during claim processing. All damaged property for which payment (not repair cost) or replacement has been requested or made, must on request, be returned to EasyPost. FAILURE TO RETAIN DAMAGE PROPERTY MAY AFFECT FINAL SETTLEMENT OF CLAIM.
C. Claims regarding loss where the carrier’s tracking records have the shipment marked as delivered will not be honored, unless documentation from the carrier is provided, which acknowledges a mistake in the tracking information, or if adequate proof is provided to support theft or mishandling.
D. Claims regarding loss or damage where the shipment is signed for will not be honored, unless adequate proof is provided to support theft or mishandling.
E. For claims regarding damage, EasyPost may request for the item to be examined and a repair quote to be issued and submitted to EasyPost for review. If the repair service is able to restore the item to its intended condition, EasyPost may choose to settle the claim for the value of the repair, rather than the full value of the item.
F. For claims regarding theft, stolen property or misdelivery, EasyPost requires (a) signature-required delivery for those shipments valued at five hundred dollars ($500) or greater and (b) valid tangible documentation and/or evidence for any claims exceeding five hundred dollars ($500). Such valid documentation and/or evidence may include, without limitation: (i) written acknowledgement of such theft, stolen property or misdelivery from the respective carrier; (ii) video footage, (iii) police report and/or (iv) other documentation and evidence. EasyPost will not accept any claims for theft, stolen property or misdelivery where there is a valid signature from customer, or a customer representative, acknowledging receipt of a shipment.
G. EasyPost may request additional documentation or information during the claim process. Additional documentation or information may be requested from the recipient, carrier, manufacturer, 3PL warehouse, or any other 3rd party along the supply chain.
H. The maximum amount of insurance that can be purchased through EasyPost is $5,000 per shipment.
I. Any covered loss will be credited by EasyPost directly to the insured’s EasyPost account within thirty (30) days of submitting its claim; provided that EasyPost receives (i) the claim and (ii) all required claim documentation and requested damaged goods where applicable. If you do not receive a response from EasyPost with a ticket number within forty-eight (48) hours, your claim has not been received by EasyPost and you will need to resubmit the claim and/or connect with EasyPost support in order for EasyPost to process your claim.
J. No suit or action for the recovery of any claim under this Policy shall be sustainable in any court of law or equity unless commenced within twelve (12) months after you discover the occurrence which gives rise to the claim, provided, however, that if by the laws of the State within which this Policy is issued, such limitation is invalid, then any such claim shall be void unless such action or suit commences with the shortest limit of time permitted by the laws of that State.
K. This policy may be canceled at any time by your written request or by us upon thirty (30) days written notice, or the number of days if greater, required by the regulations in your State. However, such cancellation shall not affect any shipments already made for which reports and premium have been tendered by you and accepted by EasyPost.
L. The yearly anniversary of the Policy inception date shall be regarded as the annual renewal date.
M. Policy changes can only be affected by EasyPost.
N. This Policy treats banded boxes and pallets of boxes as one single package.
O. If a part of a pair or set is lost or damaged, EasyPost will only pay a reasonable and fair portion of the total value of the pair or set and NOT the total value.
P. This Policy is void if you have intentionally, fraudulently, or recklessly concealed or misrepresented any material fact or circumstance relating to this insurance.
Q. This Policy overrides any previously existing forms and documents provided by EasyPost Insurance.
R. EasyPost may update, modify, alter or amend this Policy from time to time.